Use Your Phone to Help You Heal

 I'm not going to talk about therapy on your phone which you can do of course.  Instead, here are a few things I did that helped me through the healing process.

First, I changed my ex's name on my phone so that I didn't have to see his name every time he texted.  Please learn from me and don't use a name that you wouldn't want your kids to see.  Kids see everything!  And they will tell everyone. (which is why I also know what my name is in his phone and let's just say, anything I used was tame by comparison).  The name that worked for me and caused the least anxiety was "Kids' Father".  Simple, to the point, and not in any way insulting.

I also decided that I needed a new tone for my messages.  Since I didn't have anyone complimenting me on a regular basis, I changed my text tone to a male voice that says, "Hey Beautiful, you've got a text message!".  Yes, really.  One of my friends thought I was hilarious, but I enjoyed hearing the compliments.  No one else was going to say it, so why can't I have my phone say it?  It makes me smile.  And, no one else thinks it's their phone going off when they hear it.  I still use this text tone 6 years later.

The third thing I did was make a new ringtone for my calls, alarms, and other notifications.  I picked a particular song and by JC Chasez called "Something Special".  So anytime a timer goes off, I hear, "Babe!  I've been dying to tell you something (oo--oo--oo yeah) you're something special!".  I chose it because I heard it when I was at a low place a few years ago and it made me feel like I really was special, whether anyone else thought so or not.

You may think that I would have gotten bored of the text tone and alarm ringtones, but I haven't so far!  Anything that can help you to feel more like yourself when you're going through it all is a blessing.  Let me know if you've done something similar!


 .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money Matters

YouTube is Your Friend for Home Repairs