Finding Support--Instagram

 When your life suddenly implodes, it can be hard to know where to go to find support.  Of course, you can talk to people in your real life--friends, family, pastors, church family.  While they mean well and they will love you through it, sometimes it can feel like they just don't get it.  And sometimes they get tired of hearing you hash things out.  

I found my place on Instagram.  Not only did I find a number of accounts to follow, but I also was able to share things about my life and get it out there. It helped to find people who were going through similar things that I could learn from.  

Here are some accounts I have found helpful:


Inspirational:  

Toby Mac Speak Life:  Life quotes, mostly Christian, encouraging.

The Single Woman:  Mandy Hale, writer.  Her books are so helpful and encouraging.  And her posts are funny and very relatable. 


Narcissism:

Narcissist Recovery:  Posts about narcissism 

Petra Van Deijil:  Emotional abuse and narcissism

Betrayal Trauma Recovery BTR.org:  The videos they post about abuse really hit home for me.  I learn a lot when I watch them, even now.  

Finances:

Dave Ramsey:  Good information about finances, very helpful when you're starting out again.  


Here are some hashtags you can check out too:

#emotionalabuseisstillabuse

#abuserecovery

#narcissism

#healing

#divorce

You'll find that there is a lot of overlap of topics and tags.  Take a look and see what you find helpful for yourself.  Let me know if there are any other Instagram accounts you would add to this list.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money Matters

Use Your Phone to Help You Heal

YouTube is Your Friend for Home Repairs