Suddenly Single and Thriving-- Divorce Care

I've been thinking about this blog a lot. What I wanted to say and do with it. 

The best thing I can do is share what has worked for me. There's no hard and fast rule of what works for anyone. But it helps to know that it's possible to survive and even thrive after being left suddenly. Over the next few weeks, I'll share what I have found helpful and I hope it can help someone else. 

My first big tip is Divorce Care. I cannot recommend this program enough. Early in my journey, I called my church to get some support. The receptionist told me that the first session of the next Divorce Care was that night. She told me that I should go and she let me know that there was a program for kids as well, Divorce Care for Kids

I took my kids and we went. It's a 13 week program and it gives you practical information about divorce, debt management, co-parenting, and more.  You can find all the topics here. It is a Christian program, but the people in my groups were a mix of church and non-church people and there was no judgment. I said groups because I went through the program 3 times. I got something different out of it each time. There is a video lesson and a note book to follow. After the video, there's group discussion. Some people shared and some did not. There was no pressure either way. The very first lesson talked about how all of your energy was currently focussed on emotions and that there was very little energy left for anything else. A light bulb went off and I felt relief! It completely explained why I was so tired and couldn't get anything else done. This eventually got better over time and I once again became a functioning adult. They are currently offering groups in person or online. If you give it a try, let me know how you find it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money Matters

YouTube is Your Friend for Home Repairs

Use Your Phone to Help You Heal